View Single Post
Old 2012-09-04, 02:03   Link #278
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
^I don't particularly feel that strongly about the incident, I just feel sorry for the victim who'll be having a hard time for quite a while, but your faux-naivety is starting to really annoy me.

Look, you aren't taking the high horse, you're just acting like a hypocrite and going "no hard evidence" as if that excuses everything. Well just how many bullying incidents you've known and heard about have hard, irrefutable evidence? This one's got more than most, (suspiciously deleted) videos of the incident, a previous case, a clear power relationship, nonapologies (people keep talking about an apology...what apology? They said they did nothing wrong and the 2ch crowd can fuck off). Stop pretending to be stupid just to be contrarian.
Lay off the flames. I don't appreciate being called "a hypocrite pretending to be stupid just to be contrarian" just because I take a different view, and there is no need for you to go down that path.

There is no single universal view as to the correct standard of proof required to ascertain whether or not an event did occur. I happen to prefer a higher standard of proof and you prefer a lower one, that's all.