View Single Post
Old 2013-01-08, 14:36   Link #2410
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Which is kind of the ironic thing, even Lacus openly acknowledged the hypocrisy they were showing near the end of SEED with their "interventions".

And yeah, Shinn looked like he could've been a far better character than Kira, and Athrun (keeping his newfound self from the end of SEED) would've made a good support pillar to help guide him through more difficult times.

As for Athrun, I guess the way they had him switch sides, at least in SEED, was more believable to me since he had a personal stake in it with his father being ZAFT's current leader, so he had a personal conflict within himself of being loyal to his father and ZAFT or to do "what is right" (all point-of-view) and fight alongside Kira. SEED Destiny, however, really didn't offer anything that would warrant such swapping. It felt like the writers, again, just didn't know where they wanted it to go, so just figured that, since Athrun was liked, they could just repeat what he did before and it'd all be fine.

With Shinn, they also couldn't decide. One minute, he's all, "I'll be rebellious and do what I think is right and screw anyone who tries to stop me!", then the next, he's all, "Screw anyone who says differently from Rey or Dullindal! I HAVE to believe them like a dog!"
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote