Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll To Love Ru
View Single Post
Old 2008-04-10, 04:47   Link #227
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
I dont get it... just why do people crib so much when there is fan service. If the comedy is good.. hech just enjoy it or dont watch it. As for originaliy..thats pure hypocritical. As long as a story is carried out well, i m fine with it. If u r to say that Harem and ecchi has lost originality, u can say the same for the mecha and the action shows too, but that doesnt mean Code Geass or other stuff suck.

As long as an anime is made well, the characters are likeable, i dont see any problem
The problem with fanservice is that there's only so much you can do with it. I mean, there's the classic fanservice joke involving the hapless male lead accidentally walking in on a girl undressing or a third party walking in on the two leads in a sexually suggestive position, and then there's the morally bankrupt male entourage that peek in girl's change-rooms, and those are pretty much your fanservice comedy staples. Most other jokes will play out as some sort of variation of the above. The typical expectation for fanservice comedy is jokes that are predictable or cliched, but that's because the exception to that is so rare. That's why I didn't mind Nagasarete Airantou. The fanservice comedy tended to revolve around the fact that the girls just didn't care if they were being seen naked. Sure, that's not totally new, but at least it's something different from the staples.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote