View Single Post
Old 2011-08-07, 13:22   Link #2120
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainCharacter View Post
Carnival Phantasm.
Interesting, though there will always be exceptions to any non-scientific rule. However, that was practically incorporated as part of the title (Carnival Phantasm 1st Season), indicating they may already plan to release more than one season, sooner or later.

In any event, my point is that's not going to be the general usage and no such scheme applies in this case. It's uncommon.

Quote:
That being said, I remember the information that this Code Geass project being an OVA came from some kind of google translation of something back in early 2010. Or maybe a magazine scan. Who knows how accurate it is. Could very well wind up a full 26 episode tv series. Although it'd be weird to call it "Code Geass Gaiden" in that case.
I'm not even going to begin arguing about episode length, since there's absolutely no sign of what is or isn't intended.

What I distinctly remember is how a lot of people jumped to that conclusion, but whenever I actually took the time to check the magazine scans, translations or other sources of information, there never was any such indication. I've even speculated about that possibility myself, yes, but being fully aware of the total absence of any real confirmation concerning the chosen format.

Even today, going back to check the old scans, their translations and even the official Code Geass Gaiden website reveal nothing of the sort. Which is why I don't think it's useful to rely on what has become little more than a game of telephone or Chinese whispers, without asking for something far more concrete and verifiable. Until that happens, it seems slightly more reasonable to assume that "season" refers to a TV series of unspecified length, instead of an OVA release.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote