Thread: Licensed Tari Tari
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-15, 14:45   Link #1040
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
That might very well be the case, but swap out choir club for any other sort of hobby and then the story is essentially almost the same. If it fails to incorporate it in a meaningful way, I find that disappointing. I actually thought the choir aspect was something nice about the show, irrespective of how pleasant the characters might me.
Well, keep in mind that in the rest of my post that you didn't quote, I went into a rather lengthy speculation that explained why the music element is actually still important. It is a "meaningful element", but it's not the point of the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Also if it was about bringing people together, then why does it feel constantly like two of the members are constantly shafted (The guys?). They didn't even get invited to the opera this episode. Club unity? Where?
That wasn't a "club activity", the three girls are friends. Plus, the dad had two tickets and she asked for one more. I'm not necessarily sure she would have been a position to get 5 tickets. It was just a girls night out, as it were. Don't see anything unusual about that. The two guys have hung out together before too without inviting the girls. I don't see the fact there's a lack of outside fraternizing between the genders as being particularly unrealistic, personally.

As for the rest... I'll just wait and see what role all the characters play in the end. As I said before, I don't see the point in fretting so much about whether the show is going to run out of time and do things poorly. Let's just see what they do first.