View Single Post
Old 2013-01-23, 05:25   Link #18190
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
He did the opposite; he created more bloodshed than he did during the rebellion as Zero. The difference being that by now he had more options than he did then. On top of that, he also balanced out said bloodshed during the earlier rebellion with accomplishments such as creating a legitimate front for opposing Britannia in the UFN. He could have achieved world peace by centering the hate around Charles and/or Schneizel and continued on as an agent of justice. (Not to mention try keeping Schneizel from getting off the ground with FLEIJA.) ZR infact was a luck based mission, especially with both his best pilot, Kallen, against him, and Schneizel, in a nigh-impervious kill sat.

Lelouch only went with ZR because he thought Nunnally was dead, and he had been turned on by the majority of his old allies. He felt like there was no reason to live on anymore.

And avenging Euphie's murderer? It was an accident, and Suzaku suspected it. Carrying it out as such would have made him a vindictive, hypocritical dick, especially since in addition to realizing Lelouch was lying in his admission of guilt, he already could have offed Lelouch much, much earlier, like when Lelouch was still amnesiac.

In the end, people who screwed things up for him and/or did nothing for peace if not worked against it got happy endings instead, namely Ohgi, Villetta and Cornelia.
I agree with everything you have stated. Four years ago, I felt the same way as to why everyone else got a happy ending while Lelouch was killed off. It didn't make any sense to me at that time, and even now. But from a production standpoint, the creators wanted to wrap things up with the series by killing off the main character as to prevent the series from moving forward. Perhaps the upcoming Movies will correct this situation since it's likely to be a remake of the TV show like Evangelion or Zeta Gundam.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote