View Single Post
Old 2010-06-23, 12:45   Link #11495
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verg Avesta View Post
That could explain why he is so silent, too. He's trying his best to not breath heavily after such a heavy labour. Though, if we follow this trail of thought, shouldn't Kinzo's body be hidden in the place where Kanon is coming from.....logically?
It is, unfortunately, not clear at all where he is coming from or to. If I were Kanon, and needed to hide Kinzo's body for the next twelve hours or so until the time is right to to set it on fire, my first choice would be under a pile of rags in the boiler room itself. The second choice would be the garden storehouse. Boiler room is preferable because then I need only a few minutes to start the incinerator at an appropriate time, garden storehouse is preferable because it's fairly certain nobody's going to need anything in there for the next twelve hours.

The body's original burial location would have to be quite a ways off into the forest to prevent any accidental discovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verg Avesta View Post
Kanon had not yet transported Kinzo's body. He was in the middle of it. The fertilizer sack that was too heavy for Kanon to lift was actually heavier than normal ones, because Kinzo was inside of it.

Okay, maybe not.
That is a strong possibility, actually. But the condition the body is in would seriously affect whether Battler would immediately notice, and that condition depends on whether the body suffered any temporary embalming treatment before being buried, which I think is likely, because the chance to safely bury it probably did not occur immediately. I'm not sure just when exactly would it stop smelling in this case.

Though, Kinzo is described and pictured as a heavyset, strong man, and is likely to be way too heavy for Battler to nonchalantly lift even after all this time... but then again, there's those performance enhancement drugs and muscle training Battler had.

Not certain. But it would make for a better story and even explain Kanon's behaviour better. He'd be desperate not to give himself out, internally panicking and wondering what to do, and then Battler just puts the corpse back on the wheelbarrow like it's a sack of fertilizer, waves bye and leaves!

EDIT: P.S.: And what exactly is Kanon supposed to be doing with fertilizer immediately prior to a typhoon? Are you even supposed to water delicate plants before rain like this?

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)

Last edited by Oliver; 2010-06-23 at 12:59.
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote