View Single Post
Old 2010-12-06, 17:34   Link #2017
Kallen4life

SLB doesn't use HER energy, hence she can use it

it brings up a different point though .. why does NOONE EVER in the entire series think to use ambient left-over magical energy for their own SLB's .. or use it for ANYTHING ?

Quote:
I liked the one whole "wisdom and tactics" bit quite a lot because it puts emphasis on the fact that what makes Nanoha such a powerful mage is mostly being skilled and tactically smart.

It usually gets overshadowed by her beamspam, so some people tend to think she's just a powerhouse who beats her enemies with superior firepower.

And for me, a character who wins with skill and wits is more interesting than one who wins with power. Usually, anyway. I'd like to believe Nanoha is such a character.
valid points, but I don't think Nanoha actually demonstrated them (well, maybe saving that SLB for last could count, I dunno) .. the best situation I can think of is Chrono beating Fate (when he was helping her train post S1), despite her pretty much always being stronger in raw magical power

but I have to admit I enjoy DBZ/Bleach style 'power-fights' as well .. they're usually awesome and spectacular
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold