View Single Post
Old 2006-08-17, 13:19   Link #15
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
It took months to even get all the stuff from PSO v2 in there
I was mainly talking about the security service. It's true it took a long time for existing content to get on there, but they did that to keep people playing, and being able to serve new content every month. For veteran PSO players, it sucks, but on the other hand, it's understandable as a business practice.
Quote:
I've got pretty lucky so far because in the UK v2 they couldn't charge the fee (something about a condition in the dreamcast's internet... dreamkey was it? saying you couldn't charge monthly fees I believe)
Correct, it was in the DreamArena Terms of Service, or something similar. Didn't make the phone bill any less of a problem, though. I wish I could use broadband on it. I tried a method where the connection would be rooted through the PC and such, but it didn't work. Maybe someday I'll get an adapter from eBay or something.
Quote:
Still, so long as they put the money to good use I don't mind paying. If we're treated like dirt again then it's a different story entirely.
We barely got any content on the first Dreamcast version. It got much better when the Americans had to start paying, though. The point is, if we pay, we're guaranteed to get at least a decent amount of content. But I wish they would treat us equally.
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote