View Single Post
Old 2009-08-20, 13:53   Link #301
marebito
カケラ管理人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
There is absolutely no proof that person "exist" to begin with.

As for Erika, she is just another piece, that is derived from Bern herself. But that's about it, the plot shows well they are really too different from each other, or from Rika so heh.
If we suppose that we would also have to admit that a -supernatural- meta-level influences the real world and until now this is not exactly confirmed. The meta-level might exist as much as it wants as long as it doesn't have a huge impact on the real world. Nothing in that direction is really confirmed so all we know is the relation between Bernkastel and Rika from Higurashi. And even that relation is still kinda ambiguous, without Umineko we wouldn't even have those new aspects like e.g. in the manga version of Higurashi.

That said, of course we certainly see Erika and Bern interacting between the game board and the meta-level but I want to know where Erika's body is taken from since otherwise as I said we would have to admit much more supernatural extent, which might or might not be the correct conclusion.

As for the other person: As I said, there are various theories proposed by the game itself already. And yes, one of those is that the person doesn't even exist in 1986.