View Single Post
Old 2008-09-07, 19:04   Link #2092
Seifall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
... this is why it is so difficult to have a civilized conversation with you no matter how hard I try.

I said:

"You also have to understand that this is a woman deceived from childhood to become a weapon. It was unfortunate that the experiment gone terribly wrong. Yet, she never complaint about her situation even after learning the truth."

I said "after", the keyword is "after", which she did eventually learn from Grace the horrors of the virus within her and from further research conducted by Klan.
Well, I did talk about jungle before but I think we are all in the same boat here
I said that :

You talk as if she knows the truth but she doesn't , like us.
All we know is that she was picked on the streets by Grace and became Fairy 9 after have been modified. The experience part with Ranshei is still not that clear.

Now where did I miss something ?
I said she doesn't know the truth. I was talking about her being picked up on the streets and modified by Grace.
She doesn't know that, all she knows is that she's dying and that Grace lied to her since the beginning.
I try to understand why you quoted me on that, but even in trying hard this is difficult....

Quote:
She was shocked at the truth, but she picked herself right back up. What did Ranka do? She ditched Frontier. Perhaps she made the right choice in settling matters with the Vajra, but she was taking a great risk and picked one awful time to do it. She had no idea if she was making the right decisions. Have you ever considered, that during her absence, if the Frontier was attacked again by a swarm of Vajra the size she encountered before she departed?
Have you ever considered that during Ozma escape, if the Frontier was attacked again by a swarm of Vajra, and the NUNS recruits were not sufficient, the SMS Q could have made a great change ? ....

Quote:
Moreover, was Ranka not a pro by later in the series? She was, wasn't she? That is what she wanted, no? So why didn't she act like a pro when Frontier needed her the most? Who is she becoming a singer for? Alto? That was never her original intention, which you spot it yourself, that she sang because she wanted to let others know that she existed. Then what happened? Voluntary disappearance.
Ranka was only a pro in episode 20 when she singed Aimo, after saying
" I wanted to reach you by my songs but it never happenned" .
Before that, she never was one and I did say it.
Even if she was overwhelmed by her sadness, she dissed it and only think of her duty as the weapon of Frontier = Singing to kill the vajra.
Even Grace said she was not the same girl of eleven years ago, she changed " .
After that she knew this was wrong, " it hurts ", she knows it and decided to learn the thruth about the vajra( why does it hurt ?) and her past( Brera, her mother,what happenned in Galia IV, her fold waves..)
She indeed act like a pro in episode 20 but not like a pro when she leaved Frontier.
Instead of that, she acts like she would have do if she knew the real people intention(Leon, Grace). So she made her choice and decided face the reality.
you can compare it to Sheryl in episode 22.
Sheryl in episode 22 in front of Alto acted like a pro but not like a pro when she leaved her " watashi wa sheryl nome ".
Rather than that, she acted like she would have do if she knew the real people intention aka Alto .
Well, people shouldn't jump to conclusion here, if you think I'm saying his real intention is to lover her back ?? All of my post should convince you that I think that Alto and Sheryl's love is real : between friends that's it ... Each his point of view..

I said intentionnaly she singed because wanted people to know about her existence.
After in episode 16 she started to sing to protect her loved ones " Ozma, Alto and everyone else.
However since the beginning she was in love with Alto. (at this time it was more of a crush than something else but evolved and was enough serious for her to go save him in Galia 4)
So, she was in love with him but only realized it in episode 20 when she singed anata no Oto.
so what happenned ? she decided that her fan are annoying?, Frontier people are strangers ? That she doesn't even know them but with alto this is different, he is always with her and she always think about him, and she loves him more than all the others ? No, really, I don't think this is that ^^

you spot it yourself, that she sang because she wanted to let others know that she existed. Then what happened? Voluntary disappearance.

This is simple, people know she exists now, so she can move on and sing for the only person who wasn't aware of her existence, Alto

More seriously,( yes ...) Alto was the one who listened to her singing Aimo, he is the one who supported her trought SMS since the beginning with Miss Macross Contest, he is the one ...
I don't know how I must explain it... this is call love that's all ! You never know when it comes but you know the adage
" love comes when you expect it the less " .
This is called the true beginning

Last edited by Seifall; 2008-09-07 at 19:11. Reason: Wrote Luca next to Grace ...