View Single Post
Old 2010-11-05, 01:49   Link #10
Kafriel
Senior Guest

So, after many months, I finally decided to check out LoL. First impression: is this DotA all over again? Well, apparently not!
+ No need for battlenet etc. to play with others.
+ A quite large item list and a good menu for them.
+ You can shop while dead and see how you died.
+ Tough creeps. DotA 4v4 and over was deciding on a carry and let him farm till their HP regen or avoid hit crazy levels.
+ Inhibitors respawn, which means you can turn a game around at the very last second (did it yesterday, although we lost for 2 seconds, it was a lot of fun).
+ A wide variety of heroes to choose from, some have cool strategic ways to play them.
+ Spell vamp gives mages a much needed boost.
+ Summoner skills really can change the outcome of a small brawl, fair cooldowns too.
+ Base teleport, a quite useful little button for those tired of coughing up precious money for town portal scrolls.
+ Runes and mastery offer the chance for competitive gameplay between tanks, nukes, assassins, etc.

- You have to unlock heroes as you're playing, I get the feeling that many people just stick to a favourite and don't explore the others as freely as in DotA.
- Ganking gives INSANE amounts of money (I've seen up to +1000 gold for stopping a rampage), players are encouraged to bully newbies.
- Runes and mastery also discourage people from having a large repertoire of heroes at their disposal. The bonuses are too small to actually make a difference at first, but on higher levels I suppose people amass their points into one tree for max benefits.
- I can't seem to find the ally chat I take it I'm only given half a min before battle?
- So many leavers, I ended up having to turn a 1v3 of what originally started as 5v5.

Anyways, I'll be active for a while, I'm playing on the EU server so if anyone wants to have a match, leave me a message.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2010-11-05 at 07:11.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote