View Single Post
Old 2007-07-16, 10:47   Link #38
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by archanfels View Post
Am I the only one getting tired/annoyed by all the KyoAni self-promo and the Shiraishi endings?
I'm sure you're not alone, as can be seen by all the episode threads so far, so don't worry about that.

(BTW, I'm not though, sorry about that. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesiopdv
Nobody else thinks that Lucky Star is similar to Seinfeld??
I mean both shows are about....well....nothing
They made a whole episode out of a situation of common life, such as got sleep on the bus and miss the stop. On Seinfeld they do a whole episode about getting lost in a parking lot.
They use a very subtle kind of humour.
Situations of real life and the meaningless talk that came out of it.
Lucky Star adds a little of parodies, so its like Seinfeld got mixed with Family Guy.
Thank you very much for pointing out that which people seem not to notice for weeks. They seem to think that all comedy needs to have a character-driven plot or character development. A cookie for you.

What makes LS fun is that it makes you look at the bright side of your everyday life and wonder "Hey, this can actually be fun," The back cover of one of the manga volumes even advertises itself as "a manga that allows you to chill out and relax, and have a little laugh". Its "non-seriousness" is actually its strength.

(The detractors of course bring out the Kyo-Ani + various otaku references, but that's another argument altogether. )

When I first saw the screenshots of Kona-chan watching Hirano Aya performing "God knows" and doing poses of DaCapo (which I've never played or watch), I thought "Oh no, more ammo for them detractors," After watching the episode, was pleasantly surprised that they aren't as intrusive as I thought. This episode is still mostly a manga episode.

My thoughts (in no particular order)

- Poor Kagami-sama, got assigned to the same class (cue the lonely-some music), and to the same people as well (Misao and Ayano)

- LOL at Kagami-sama falling for Kona-chan's April Fool's, LOL even more at Kona-chan falling for Nanako-sensei's April Fool's in turn.

- More Yu-chan and Minami-chan (yuri) goodies

- More fun with Hiiragis and game shows

- Totally understand how Kona-chan feels concerning sleeping early. For someone with similar hobbies as her, I find it incredulous how Miyuki can sleep "so early".

- LOL at Kagami trying to make her "boyfriend goldfish" lose weight, drawing strange gazes from Tsukasa-chan

- Totally no hint at the preview by the Hiiragis whether Akira-sama would finally make her debut in the main section, we'll keep our fingers crossed

- A bit disappointed Shiraishi didn't sing the whole "Koi no Minoru Densetsu". I don't think we'll see the last of him though, maybe 1 or 2 more eps?

I think that's it for now.