View Single Post
Old 2010-11-25, 21:52   Link #109
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Thanks...not really "having trouble" as such, just figuring out which class I prefer and if we (sons and I) want to stick with it. Haven't really settled on any characters yet.

I've only found three *real* complaints:
1) 30 day hold on name if you reroll a character -- sorry, but this is just stupid, just as it is on any asian-sourced mmo. I've never heard a good explanation for this bit of idiocy.

2) The use of Internet Explorer hooks to run in-game features (like the marketplace). I run with Firefox as my default browser and the marketplace/help wouldn't work until I made Internet Explorer my default browser (and it took some serious research to find that solution). What *is* the Korean fascination with Internet Explorer? I remember a game that actually used an ActiveX plug-in under IE to *login* to their game. Utter security fail choice on that and they got terrible grief for it.

3) The chat tool is pretty awkward and old-fashioned.

Otherwise, the actual gameplay is fun, the crafting is interesting (you actually have to do a bit of thinking), and the cash shop seems nicely restrained.