View Single Post
Old 2013-08-31, 02:42   Link #4191
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by styr View Post
http://www.jastusa.com/yumina/index.html

Yeah, the only reason I bought it was because it has RPG elements in it. Aside from that it looks like a shitty moege.

The combat system is vaguely Eien no Aselia-ish, but the real positive in my mind is that characters can get stats/skill from leveling up (not exactly sure how this works yet), can equip weapon/items and the dungeon crawling that reminds me of Himegari.

You can really tell that Eternal split off from Xuse in that they use the same "color-coded" skills that was present in Aselia: where red = nukes; green = heals/buffs; blue = interrupt/cancel spells ; and black = debuff.

I hope it's a fun game. I'll try to report in at the end of every chapter or two with my thoughts and, if anyone has a question about the game, I'll try to answer it.

I still wish the game had a widescreen option; after playing 'modern' VNs I've been spoiled by it... I loathe going back to the clunky box shape.
I wouldn't call Ethereal no Yumina a moege. Well the first half maybe, but the second half... Also this game kinda make you want to finish the game on all difficulty, since finishing on the hardest mode will unlock the true route. Also a warning before hand, if you want to play it again on a lower difficulty after you finish on a harder difficulty, you need to have some weaker skills equiped or else...
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote