View Single Post
Old 2006-07-22, 20:20   Link #45
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
Very intresting episode i will admit that it did make me a little sad. First Akasaka's wife dying was a shocker but thank goodness the child survives. i dont want to imagin that man if he would have lost them both i think that would be it for his sanity i am surpised he held it together as well as he did.

Rika knowing the future and knowing that she was going die was one of saddest things iv seen so far this chapter. having to live knowing you know when your time is up plus everyone elses. I was surpised when she asked for help she seemed so vulnarable then. There has been much speculation over weather you can change your destiny/Fate. That is a very hard question to answer. Some think that even knowing your future will already change it. While others beleive that no matter what you do its pre-destined i think Rika did not like this idea. Even if you think Rika changed her destiny in some way, we could never tell because that could have been part of her destiny as well. Im convienced that there is just no way to tell

I also think that Rika was allowed to have this knowledge if the whole town was doomed there would be no one around to tell the story i think that Rika's real purpose was to meet Akasaka so that he could tell the story after she and the town were gone the same for Oishi. So basically everyone had a role to play weather they wanted to or not it was destined. but thats just my theory im still unsure of a few things. Such as Keiichi surviving but no mention of him in this episode. i know how Oishi survived so im clear on that one.

there are quite a few visual novels out there that follow a similar design as higurashi..in that each arc or branch is a parallel universe unto itself...so it's just as likely that in this parallel universe, either keichi died as well, or he never ended up in the town to begin with