Thread: What is Gundam?
View Single Post
Old 2006-08-07, 10:21   Link #18
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
GSD suffered from bad writing. Even as a fan, I won't deny that. But that has nothing to do with what is Gundam, so back on topic, guys.
Actually, I wouldn't totally call this entirely offtopic. I personally think that based on all of the longer Gundam works (and most of the shorter ones as well), weak writing can be regarded as a defining characteristic of the franchise. In this regard, Destiny fits right in. What does take it offtopic is that this thread isn't really about Destiny in particular.

More offtopic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli
Off topic: I got a few questions to ask, was Macross 7 actually widely accepted by its fans? Did it do well financially? I personally hated the show...it really turned me off....although i still forced myself to finish the series....
I don't know if Macross 7 was initially well received by its fans, but it was still a fairly popular series. The math is quite telling: it had a 49-episode TV run, bonus episodes, a separate OVA, a mini-movie (~30min), and tons of audio CDs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Talking about stopped production, when the hell is 12 Kingdoms going to be continued!? That's a black eye there.
Talk about the opposite of bad writing. Production on more Twelve Kingdoms probably won't start until Ono Fuyumi releases more books. Sadly, without new material to generate some excitement, there isn't any real impetus for putting out more of the anime.