Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (movie & TV)
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-16, 00:35   Link #128
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Seems that they have patches now. Probably based on the crew's new unit patches. They look like a cross between Military Unit patches and NASA Mission patches.

http://yamato2199.net/showinfo.html
(at the middle of the page)

Seems the pre-EDF is now called the UNCF (United Nations Cosmo Force). Though "Force" is a guess. One patch has a definate "Cosmo Navy" on it with the now traditional anchor. There are patches mostly for Yamato and her Cosmo Falcons (the "Black Tigers" in the old show). But also a patch for the Yukikaze (Kodai's older brother's ship) There is only one Japanese character on any of the patches and it is on both the Cosmo Falcom patches.

Also on that page is some artwork that looks like one of the more advanced Gamilon battleships. It looks a lot bigger than I remember. But then I don't think it was ever shown side by side with Yamato before. The book I have says it is almost 20 meters longer than Yamato. But in that artwork, it looks a little longer than just 20 meters more.
(Yamato use to be 265.8 meters long and this battleship was 285 meters long. New data suggests they made Yamato longer in this series...maybe as long as 333 meters).

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-03-16 at 01:36.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote