View Single Post
Old 2012-07-10, 22:57   Link #89
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
So I supposed Japanese fans react better than Western then. Is the source material well recieved in Japan?

Spoiler for Novel:

Still looking forward to see how it turns out it but wasn’t expecting much anyway.
Most Japanese fans haven't read the novels either. Outside of KyoAni's own shops, the novels can only be bought at 23/19 bookstores all throughout Japan. None of the major retailers carry them. A lot of the ones who have read them are looking forward to it. As for the work itself, the reviews I've seen are aligned with my own (writing style: poor, concept/dialogue: very interesting). There's also a fair amount of "KyoAni's in a downward spiral" comments along the non-reader fanbase there too.

Personally, I feel they're trying to get their novel lines into more bookstores and bigger name ones. Seriously, there are two stores in all of Tokyo that are selling these novels. By creating higher demand, you can get more purchasers.

Spoiler:

I read this to see how it could be made into an anime and why they chose it specifically to animate. I'm trying to be more upbeat given the doom and gloom people are saying, , but I don't want to give any misinterpretations of the work. All I ask is that you (and everyone reading) give it a shot. For a lot of people, I think they'll enjoy it. For some, I don't think they'll like it at all. For those who blame it for something and/or think KyoAni's going downhill, it won't change your opinions. But that's no different than any other show. Just go in expecting to have fun! It's a romantic comedy and I laughed a fair amount of times reading it.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote