View Single Post
Old 2012-08-27, 06:49   Link #30192
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Of all the coincidences in Umineko, THIS is the one that bothers you? Are you serious, Jan-Poo? Even the most ridiculous Touya explanation is better than some of the canonical 'coincidences' we got. It's even a theme.

Miracles n' shit.
All of them bothers me, and the bother increases with the increment of coincidences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
These are all arguments that work equally well against (Touya=Battler_&_Ikuko=random) as they do (Touya=random_&_Ikuko=Yasu). I find it ironic that you're using (Ikuko=Yasu_&_Touya=Battler) arguments here.
No I don't think you have understood what I mean. I'm not talking about the coincidence of Ikuko and Tohya being compatible or anything but the coincidence of Tohya having all these qualities (some of which unusual) that Battler is assumed to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
You're projecting the motive onto the wrong source: It's Touya with the motive to see Ange, not Ikuko.

Of course you could debate as to how likely evil-brainwasher-version-Ikuko would be to permit Touya and Ange to meet, but "Touya is just an actor hired by Ikuko" doesn't even make for such a debate; it's dead on arrival.
You'll need to admit it either way. You are imagining that Ikuko has completely brainwashed a brain damaged random person she found on a street. You are imagining that she has basically complete control on him.
Would have been so difficult to just tell that Ange refused to meet it? Especially considering that for several decades Ange has been completely elusive?

But you still haven't said what would be the reason for Ikuko to brainwash Tohya to begin with. If it's something that it is merely postulated, you can't really say that "Y is wrong because she has no reason to do X". One can always postulate a reason X as you have postulated yours.

Ah and brainwashing is evil by definition. there's no good version of your Yasu-Ikuko.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote