View Single Post
Old 2007-08-25, 18:09   Link #59
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

What an amazing episode. It was dramatic, intense... and just outstanding. All of a sudden, I'm starting to think Higurashi Kai may well be a candidate for anime of the year.

The Shion v Keiichi scene was brilliant! This is how you do drama, IMO. Everything in the scene was executed perfectly for such a verbal conflict: the dialogue was great, the voice acting was superb (particularly from Satsuki Yukino, certainly reprising the amazing performance she gave in the first season), the choice of music was fitting and the atmosphere was just intense. It's scenes like this that can define a series, and I don't think it's overstating things to say it was brilliant.

Higurashi Kai is really starting to shape up to be a very special anime at this rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
geh... we can tell the variables in higurashi are so unpredictable ~~"
Hence why I think the universe is probabilistic. There are certain things that can happen, like Teppei's return or Akasaka saving his wife, that seemingly don't depend on other variables but only happen in some (but not all) universes. Rika obviously has a certain degree of control over what happens in a given universe, but it's fairly clear that there are a number of things she can't control and in a lot of circumstances, she has no choice by to rely on her luck. And, in this world, it was good until Teppei turned up.