View Single Post
Old 2008-12-28, 17:38   Link #1433
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
@Anh_Minh

We always "laughed" at Buddhism because Chinese Buddhism never occured to us as religious because if you knew anything about it you'd realize that they objectively speaking there is no great worship of a spiritual being (Other than Buddah, whom was an actual guy, but really didn't do much to spread his "religion") Please, whatever you may do, do not try to take out a piece of my sentence in the intent to critize that single part and not at my whole argument, you clearly haven't read through it fully and only seem to enjoy responding to things that jump at you.

And how is that criminal? Making a child believe in exactely what you believe in because you think its right, giving them no alternative and forcing them to believe in that thing without a full knowledge and understanding of it. How is that criminal? If anything trying to brainwash them without their consent is criminal, by your arguemnt you'd be legitamizing parents teaching their kids to be racist, intolerant, violent, or other nasty things; because they believe in those things. How is that anyway to raise children?

I was being very objective, I've been doing alot of arguments and believe me I have many reasons to put down religion as a whole, but I'm not going to. I'm not going to try offend people because really, your beliefs are none of my business. But I've always held firm that every person has a right to their own beliefs and its unfair to children to influence them and in the same way block out other influences.

And if you read the remainder of my fulfillment thing, I included that other people may gain the fulfillment from a religion which I don't happen to get. Soo good for them.

Please, before you go trying to pick out my message of tolerance can you atleast also try to stay objective, or atleast read the whole argument?

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote