View Single Post
Old 2010-11-19, 20:15   Link #115
Seitsuki
Onee!

More Sora <3 and since it's ~1/3 of the disc rather than 1/5 that makes it more worthwhile!

Oh and I'm interested in knowing, which route did you guys like best? I came in with a bias for Sora (character design, not the whole twincest thing.. >_> ) and though it did take me a while to find her route (refusing every girl from the start foists the maid on you, then since I always reloaded from the initial first choice with Nao I basically had to endure the other 3 routes as well) I do believe that was the intention of the makers as it gives you all the background information and makes the story more immersive rather than simply confusing at times.

So after playing through the routes these are my conclusions: Motoka felt random and tacked on, Nao I just couldn't sympathise with so never really got into it (skipped through swathes of her and Motoka actually ^^; ), Akira and Kazuha were both thoughtful and enjoyabe and combined made for a thoroughly engaging experience but of course in the end Sora takes the cake for me. This was one of the few routes in a VN where I was seriously in doubt as to the merit of ero content because to me Sora isn't really that kind of fan service character, she's fragile and delicate and someone I'd rather comfort and hold tight rather than want to see naked (which was partially what made thsoe scenes when they did come up pretty awkward for me @_@ ) And while I have to admit parts of her scenario may have felt rather strained or contrived at times I didn't really care or notice because the story draws you in and you come to really care for the characters (which is actually something that's hard to do.) However while I wish this route wouldn't have to rely on the whole twincest thing to gain some of it's fans (rather than liking it for it's own merit) I have to admit the whole *they've known each other since they were born, are two sides of the same coin, destined to be together etc* vibe probably won't have come off as well in any other case. Oh well twincest is still win either way :3

One last note, I've realised I don't hate Nao as much as most people seem to. Whilst there is certainly dislike, which I think maybe was intentional on the writer's part, I don't believe it warrants the level of antagonism that most people credit her with. Sure her Freudian excuse doesn't in any way excuse or justify her actions but at least you can see her reasons and desire to be loved which she isn't getting from her parents etc. My biggest gripe with the issue really was just the whole "how dare you corrupt Haru before Sora can get to him" sortta thing