View Single Post
Old 2010-08-25, 11:25   Link #51
Rainbowman

Didn't mean to copy you like this marvelB, but it's necessary for me to point out the good points and the bad points in this chapter.

-Chapter title is 3D2Y. The splash page features the mighty duo of Gold Roger and Whitebeard. < "WHOA!"

-Zoro begs for Mihawk to train him. Mihawk finds his request to be downright retarded, < "I'll say" as he hasn't at least defeated the humandrills yet. However, Zoro tells him that he DID defeat the baboons, which surprises the hawk-eyed one. He then asks Zoro why he should learn the sword from a future enemy, and Zoro simply answers that it's so he can surpass him. Mihawk is amused by his foolishness, < "Oh brother" and says that he must have found something more important than his ambition to make him swallow his pride. He then tells Perona to tend to his wounds so they can train once he heals.....

-Zoro explains the meaning of Luffy's message to Perona. It turns out that the ringing of the bells was a diversion to distract the world from the true message, < "Glad he truly understands this" which is the "3D2Y" tattoo on Luffy's arm. < "Interesting" The crew's original plan to meet up at Sabaody has been changed to meet up at the island again...... in two years. In the words of Primacron- < "I do not like this" Until that time, the crew must get stronger so they can survive in the New World.....

-Meanwhile, at the Calm Belt, Jinbei departs from Luffy's group, < "That's sad" saying that the two of them will meet up at Merman Island in 2 years. < "Don't remind me" Luffy and co. then go to an island north of Amazon Lily, Rusukaina. < "I was right about being taken to a different island" Rayleigh explains that it's a harsh island that changes weather every week. < "That should provide a challenge" Hancock offers to bring Luffy food every day, but Ray tells her to stay put at AL while the two of them train. < "(wheezing laugh) Take that you lovesick hag" After the Kuja leave, Ray explains that the island used to be a nation that was wiped out by the rough environment, and that it's inhabited by at least 500 types of powerful beasts that are far beyond Luffy's current level. < "What an ordeal" In order to cope with such a rough environment, Luffy must learn to take control of the power known as.... Haki!< WHOA!

-Ray explains that Haki is a power that is dormant in all human beings, as it is basically a person's willpower. However, most people are oblivious to such a force. He then says that there are three types of Haki, which he demonstrates on an elephant that attacks him: First, is the "Kenbunshoku" (color of observation)* Haki, which is used to sense an opponent's presence and predict their actions. In Skypiea, this power is known as Mantra. Second is "Busoushoku" (color of armor)** Haki, which can be used to attack opponents. It's particularly useful against DF users (even Logias), and can be infused into weapons, as seen with the Kuja amazons' arrows. Finally, there's the type of Haki we're most familiar with, Haoushoku (king/tyrant's color)*** Haki, which is used as a form of intimidation. This type of Haki cannot be properly trained, as this power is merely the user's will, and will grow in strength alongside him. However, he warns Luffy to not use this power recklessly, as it can effect innocent bystanders, as well. Rayleigh then says that although 2 years is not enough time, he'll do all he can to teach Luffy the basics of these 3 types of Haki, though he reccomends that he focus on the type that's best suited to him. Luffy then puts aside his straw hat, deciding to put his pirate title on hold for a while. He then prepares to train with the Hell King......

Here's my prediction on the mentioned "colors" of Haki:

*Kenbunshoku- Blue
**Busoushoku- Green
***Haoushoku- Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Anyway, the folks who've read the previous chapter thread should know this by now, but for clarification's sake:

Oda will be on a lengthy break after this chapter. There will be no new chapters of OP for the next four weeks, so don't expect any new chapters until around late September. I repeat: There will be no new chapter for the next four weeks.
< "BOO! HISS! HOW CRUEL!"

Nothing personal marvelB, just expressing myself.