View Single Post
Old 2012-12-23, 22:33   Link #354
judasmartel
*Author

Ah yes, you should know by now that I suck at fanfiction.

But anyways, what happened to Miyano was absolutely horrible. However, it seems that in the modern day, nothing else beats the Kokoro Connect "Auditiongate" scandal.

It was basically a prank gone wrong pulled off on a seiyuu named Mitsuhiro Ichiki. He was told to audition for a character role in the anime adaptation of Kokoro Connect, only to be absolutely devastated when the character he auditioned for turned out to be fake.

Things went south when Takuma Terashima and Hisako Kanemoto made fun of Ichiki for that, and then his good friend Tomokazu Sugita jumped in to defend him. Then shit hits the fan.

This resulted into cataclysmic shitstorms throughout Japan, and BD sales suffered. As quite the compensation, Ichiki really did appear in a role in Episode 14 of the anime, and he told people that they should really forget about it.

I don't know how he managed to stomach all that shame and humiliation, considering that the Japanese usually don't handle them very well (personal honor is a very important concept in the East), but I feel so bad for the guy that I think he should get more prominent roles later in his career.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote