View Single Post
Old 2010-10-01, 20:21   Link #100
Kraker2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Wow. It's a good thing I don't judge much by the OP and ED sequences, 'cause they were both atrocious here.

What the heck was that horrible noise playing for the OP? And the ED didn't sound much better.

SRW has always had a history of it (actually Divine Wars didn't), but this really takes the "jiggle factor" a tad too far. When they're bouncing several inches individually like that, it's definitely over the top.

I'd expect it from a fanservice-centered show like Sora no Otoshimono or Vandread, but this is a mecha show with plot and story. There's good fanservice and way-over-the-top fanservice, and this show is reaching for the latter with a vengeance. When a mecha has tits like spearheads (and the Angelg was never that bad in that area before), you can tell the artists have their heads in the gutter. Maybe someday SRW OG might get an eroge like Jinki: Extend has, but this isn't it.

Getting past the travesty that were the OP and ED and the fanservice that makes my eyes hurt (and I'm one of the guys that always argues "fanservice isn't bad"), the episode itself was a nice treat. Granted I wasn't looking forward to this as much as I was to Divine Wars (I'm a bigger fan of the SRX team than the ATX Team, even if this will still have good SRX Team center-age), but it still looks good.
SRW has always been Fanservice heavy, besides, the show has Masami Obari at the helm, surely you've seen his Gravion work ? The fact that they are keeping the majority of it located to the Ending, it doesn't bother me, what did the actual episode have besides Excellen's assets bouncing around? Very little I'd say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Well in OGS wasn't it prove that it was Einst Kyosuke?

It was actually from the first Endless Frontier Drama CD, which played out pretty much like the opening segment of the first episode. I was very shocked and excited to see them adapting it as in OG2GBA they cut away when the "Beowulves" arrive and in OGsOG2 a similar thing happens.

also, shouldn't the thread title be "Super Robot Wars OG: The Inspector"?