View Single Post
Old 2011-01-06, 15:29   Link #21335
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
I don't know about that. I mean, y'know, science and stuff.

Plus he can be ambiguous and still give answers. "Answers" being the key there; for instance, he could use his answers to pare it down to a slim handful of interpretations and leave us to fight it out. "It's whatever you want it to be!" doesn't inspire debate, as has been said... it just sorta allows people to talk past each other forever.
If I were to assume that we was dishonest in his interviews and he didn’t have good answers then he took an unnecessary risk. I don't understand this line of thought but I'll entertain it.

It’s a doujin game but consider everything linked to this franchise. What if an entity linked to 07th Expansion, who relied on the game to have a somewhat satisfying conclusion, called his bluff?

Some possibilities:
  • He doesn’t care. (makes him look really bad / credibility)
  • He does care. He had answers but they sucked. (grossly unsatisfying answer is revealed)
  • He notes that Umineko Rei will be coming out shortly. (Be patient until the work is completed. The answers he gives are better than what we have now.)
  • He notes that many people just do not fully understand his story yet. All of the answers aren't necessary for the purpose of understanding what he wanted his story to convey. (Everyone will learn the truth in time)
Other possibilities?