View Single Post
Old 2011-01-06, 16:23   Link #21339
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
If I were to assume that we was dishonest in his interviews and he didn’t have good answers then he took an unnecessary risk. I don't understand this line of thought but I'll entertain it.
His interviews have always conveyed to me one of three things:
  • A guy who simply overestimates how smart his audience is or how closely their thinking aligns with his (e.g. "I'm surprised nobody found the answer yet, I thought it all totally added up now!")
  • An impulsive liar who tosses out ideas and fishes for a response to see what to do next.
  • A master salesman who knows exactly what to say in interviews to make as little commitment as possible while generating maximum audience speculation and interest.
The man's no fool, and he knows he has credibility (even if he's forever "the Higurashi guy," being the Higurashi guy is good enough by itself to sell things), so I'd lean toward suspecting the lattermost. Which means I really don't consider his interviews to be much more than sales puffery meant to sell me the next part of the series. And I'm okay with that, but I don't think mining his statements for nuggets of information will get us far. He knows what he's saying and doing.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote