Thread: Licensed Tenjo Tenge!
View Single Post
Old 2004-04-03, 03:21   Link #44
kujoe
from head to heel

Jesus Christ...

Ok, I'm not getting totally involved in this "manga vs anime" or "manga has no story to begin with" argument. But with regard to this let me just say: just take it for what it is. Nowadays people demand a visible, coherent and teleological plot--like it's supposed to go somewhere with a purpose in mind. It doesn't have to be however, so live with it. If that's not worth your time, then don't watch it. It makes me wonder if you have an underlying motive to hate the whole story (and what is the whole story btw?)--like a distinct hatred for a certain character, etc. Geez, I could complain in the same way about other titles out there--like Ayashi no Ceres or Kenshin for example--but let's not get there.

Moreover I may be biased in this, but just like it was previously mentioned, the manga of TT came out before Ikkitousen's. This may not mean much at this point, but it has been brought to my attention long ago that even with regard to the images of the manga, Ikkitousen clearly imitates (read: rips off) some of Oh! Great's pages. I'm not comparing their stories--just the art--so I have nothing to say with regard to that.

Whether the past arc is better is up to you. I however see it as something which also foreshadows the current flow of the present arc to some extent--so it makes sense to me that Oh! Great is focusing more now on Aya and Nagi. It's still somewhat quite a leap from what seems to be the initial premise of the story. Whatever. I'll just see how this turns out.

And no, I haven't watched the first episode yet since I'm currently out of town. So to the others who have watched it--any idea how many episodes this is going to be? Any info about this?

Last edited by kujoe; 2004-04-04 at 03:27.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote