View Single Post
Old 2011-10-30, 17:37   Link #33
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Forgot to mention HALO/HARO computer mode. It is like a transformer, kind of neat, you don't have to carry it around, because it can walk/bounce by itself.
I don't really get why it's ok to transmit data wirelessly via HARO to the AGE system, but not from the actual Gundam itself. This seems like a needless justification to show off the evolution of everyone's favorite Gundam mascot, HARO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well first impression of Woolf was "this idiot slept through the entire first few episodes?" Was doubtful about whether he had any skill going for him. At least he managed to prove that he can actually fight. Though can understand Flit getting frustrated with this guy just wondering around laying claim to everything.
Right. But it's ok for a bunch of civilians and a crew that isn't even the Diva crew to just lay claim to everything.

On that note, it appears the entire crew of the ship has simply accepted that their bridge crew...I don't know...vanished and was replaced without a notice. I wonder how many days Grodek is planning on keeping the previous officers in that locked room, or if the story even cares?

Woolf was in a "healing" sleep. I wonder if that's just dramatization (considering his character, totally possible), or if he's really suffering from a medical condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
The Emily situation wasn't too bothersome. Can understand the growing worry that Flit isn't going to be able to move away from this. Instead of just making it and letting it go off into the battle he's going to be going along too and putting his life on the line. Trying to help separate him from the Gundam via the duel ends up putting him in even more danger. Now the question is where is she going to go from here? Continue trying to get him out of this or take a step herself to follow where he is going.
Even though we joke, I think we all know she and Flit are going to have a son together, so I imagine she'll be the civilian voice that is anti-war through this first arc, but always there to show her beautiful face to him when Flit returns from the increasing horrors of war. I doubt she's going to stop being anti-war, since you know...technically Gundam tries to not be one of the simpler one-dimensional let's kick some enemy ass show.

Anyways, those training paintballs being stronger than the Genoace rifles really cracked me up. Shoot UE with Genoace rifle, not even a scratch. Shoot UE with paintball gun, shock them.

And, the DOTS rifle isn't Gundam specific, so I sure hope they boot up that AGE system to pump out more of them.

Hoping Yurin somehow re-enters the picture, but she doesn't look like she'll be a fixture in this cast. So sad. One would think there'd be a little more hooplah over a girl who seems to have precog.

Oh well, I'm not taking this show very seriously, so really, I'm just having fun over how silly it is so far.

Looks like we'll be introduced to a new child prodigy next episode. A seven year old one if the wiki is to be believed.

I'd bet a lot of money that even though this episode ended with Grodek saying he knows what UE is, he won't actually let us all know next week.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote