View Single Post
Old 2012-05-02, 22:40   Link #1892
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranran View Post
Madoka....I don't even know the full title.

It's not that I hate it, but I'm so turned off by how everyone wants me to watch it. Like when I go to this forum everyone went 'OMG YOU HAVE TO WATCH IT!!!11' and practically shoving it in my face and saying that it's the best out of the magical girl genre.

That's not really necessary. Instead of getting me to watch it, I go far faaar away from it.
OMG YOU HAVE TO WATCH IT!!!!11'

/troll'd

Sorry, couldn't resist. XD

In all seriousness: Everyone has different tastes. To insist it's the "best" out of the genre is....well....actually it's a little ironic because Madoka doesn't follow the same pattern as typical magical girl shows so magical girl fans who LIKE the normal tropes of these 'typical magical girl shows' may not find it to their taste, whereas people who dislike typical magical girls will praise it to the ends of the earth.

I'm a huge fan of typical magical girl shows and I loved Madoka but I also love lots of other genres and I'm not terribly hard to please when it comes to magical girl shows. I like shoujo ones, I like shounen ones, I like very childish ones, I even like ecchi/lolicon ones-you get the picture. XD

But I understand; it's not very fun to get things shoved in your face. As the great Calvin and Hobbes once said, "If nobody's making you do it, it counts as fun".

I will say this: If you really value fluffy, feel-good magical girl anime with only happy endings and epic romances.....
you may want to keep avoiding Madoka
. It doesn't really deliver on those aspects. The characters are cute and their sparkly transformations and outfits and powers are awesome...but it's so dark and they really go through hell during those 12 short episodes.