View Single Post
Old 2012-09-18, 16:11   Link #30660
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
You honestly think that if there is something seriously wrong with your body--like castration--it's "impossible" to verify?
Castration? Is that the reason Yasu snapped according to you? She was unable to love Battler because she didn't have balls? Was she seriously thinking that?

Of course there's quite a possibility that it's actually so, but that's absolutely retarded. I can't really sympathize with someone that makes a tragedy out of something that is completely unrelated to her real plight.

If he's a male, as you suggest, her incident has absolutely nothing to do with her inability to give heirs to George or to love Battler. Even if she was perfectly normal it wouldn't have changed a damn thing.

Quote:
...What makes you think Yasu was the culprit?
Apart the overwhelming evidence? The only way to claim that Yasu isn't the culprit is by drawing as a lie half of chiru, our confession and several parts of Ryuukishi's interviews. Sorry but I pass on that.

Naturally we're talking about the gameboards. Prime is another matter.
But really in my opinion Umineko wouldn't even make sense if Yasu wasn't the culprit of the games. The games in that case would be just pointless mysteries with absolutely no relation to what Umineko is actually about: Yasu's love and madness.
So let's even say that we are supposed to understand that the culprit is George or Rosa or Rudolf, but for what end? Who cares if Yasu wrote mysteries with random people as murders?

Regarding Shion, Ryuukishi certainly said that readers are free to sympathize or not with her, but frankly I think that was just because he didn't want to say that we are supposed to sympathize with a murderer. But as for himself I have little doubts that he sympathizes with her and that he wishes for people to do the same. The efforts he made in that direction are almost tangible.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote