View Single Post
Old 2008-09-10, 03:30   Link #27
ddwkc
Lone Wolf

Send a message via MSN to ddwkc
Sorry for not being that specific and thanks for the response on the high level ^^.

I'm not trying to go into the merits of calling an audience geeky/non-geeky and that stuff. That discussion could go endlessly without a good, satisfactory conclusion. Gomen if offended anybody here.

I'm not trying to convert people to Animedom. Just wanna watch some anime with some "casual" people (like gf, for example) casually. I already tried animes like from Ghibli, School Rumble, and Monster with mixed results. But anyway:

The first target audience would be 17 ~ 25 years old. They don't know anything about anime culture or anime in general or even other geeky stuff like comics (they wouldn't associate Batman to comics, rather Batman to that Adam West show, for example), forums, or nerdy Internet (only email or MySpace/Facebook stuff) stuff, videogames (not even Wii), 80's and 90's cartoons, for instance. They may watch sitcoms casually, listen to hip hop or whatever is popular right now. If you mention anime to them, they may think about Pokemon or kid thing. In general would be that.

The second one would be those Evangelical Christian Kids that have control freaks as parents. Their parent check everything they watch. I was wondering if there are some anime that has absolute nothing that would offend a extremist Christian parent. The only anime that comes to mind is Unhabitaded Planet SURVIVE.

Thanks to you all in advance!
Eo tempore mortem cognovi