View Single Post
Old 2013-05-15, 21:30   Link #558
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I also find it strange. For example, I don’t understand why Inuyasha’s mom would want to get-it-on with a giant dog (yes, his human-form is an absolute bishounen, but that’s not his true form -_-) and bore a kid like Inuyasha as a result . But those kind of "bestial stories" already exist since ancient times. For example, in my country, there’s a folk-tale about a beautiful woman who breed with a dog (the dog being a reincarnation of a god IIRC). The son that resulted from that copulation is the Hero of the story (kinda like Inuyasha). And I’m sure Japan and many other cultures also have this kind of stories. Is it some kind of fetish from people of the past?

I hate the tentacle thing too....but I think I can understand this inter-species thing.

If you think about it, bestiality is perceived as "wrong" because the animal is on a much lower level than you, emotionally and mentally and has no free will so a *cough* relationship with an animal is perceived as "abuse" and "perverse", the same way a relationship between a young child and an adult is perceived as "abuse" and "perverse".

BUT.
If we look at these legends, i.e. Inuyasha's example: the dog demon that was his father was obviously an intelligent being and able to connect with his human mother. The main problem is no longer there.

I mean, why did everyone not only accept but LOVE Beauty and The Beast? On a biological/technical level, it should be considered bestiality because Beast IS still an animal, physically. But it's not because he has a human mind and heart.

I think these legends work the same way, perhaps?

Oh and the tentacle thing DOES have an (albeit) nasty explanation though:
Spoiler for "Ew?: