Thread: Chokotto Sister
View Single Post
Old 2006-07-08, 02:00   Link #30
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu
I'm not trying to make a big deal out of it, I'm just saying that the producers have the right to decide the show's title, and its translation if they so choose, no matter how silly it sounds.
The only problem is that you're presuming the logical thing - that the producers sat down, considered their options, decided that Chocotto would be the official spelling, and then informed everyone else of this decision and purchased the domain name/designed the site accordingly. Seems reasonable, but if history's any teacher, don't be surprised at all if you see official merchandise with the alternate spelling (just as there is official "My-HiME" merchandise with "Mai-HiME" clearly written on it). I'm pretty sure that's what Kamui4356 meant by "don't take the romanization as 'official'". You're assuming that, because it's on the site, it must be the official name. History says that's more than you should expect, unfortunately. (That being said, I'll go against the grain and say that Choco -> Chocotto works for me. )

Oh, incidentally, this is one of the first series that I can remember where they released part of the OST before the show even started airing (in the form of that Under Chocotto Sister FILE CD - looks like they're being released monthly). They also have an image song and a bit of drama on there, and I liked the way things sound. All the character voices worked for me and the BGM sounds pretty nice. The first press CD also came with a little tiny (doll-sized?) Chocosis shirt. Anyway, looking forward to the show. As someone else with "real-life" sisters, I'd have to agree that this show is more cute curiosity than complex but, above all, it's fun.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote