View Single Post
Old 2012-10-05, 16:25   Link #1091
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
The point is that while the scientific method might be more "objective" in arriving at a conclusion, the end result (science) is still subject to the limitations of humans, both in the context of understanding the results of the scientific method and in formulating the methods that arrived at the conclusion.

Essentially, science is as flawed as humans are, despite the scientific method somewhat covering the deficiencies. While there might be progress towards a better understanding of reality, that understanding of reality in itself is questionable because humans are limited. The main problem I'm seeing with those who bring up science as some perfect alternative to religion is the seemingly "fundamental" (for lack of a better word) belief in science, a system that is as flawed as humans.
No one's saying science is perfect. Just that it's better than blind belief. Which is why sick people generally go to the doctor instead of trying to pray themselves healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
But Vexx, imho you are too anti clerical, religion itself isn't evil,
He never said it was evil. He said that denying reality was a bad idea.

Quote:
it's needed for human, humankind need an answer to "what happens after life" and it's something science won't ever answer.
No, we really don't. I live quite well without having a definite answer to that question, and if I did feel the need, I wouldn't need religion to make up an answer.