Thread: Food you cook
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-08, 16:27   Link #57
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I'd actually like to try that McDonald's rice thing if I had a rice cooker. I'd get the Big Mac without lettuce because it'd become wilted from the steam, and without the cheese (fast food American cheese is gross). Instead of BBQ sauce, I'd opt for sweet and sour sauce. I think it'd go better with all that. I don't think I'd add coke, even if he added just a little bit. But I'd try it, because it might be interesting. I've eaten experimental foods before.

I have two ideas for some vegetarian dishes to try soon. One is a salad with dark greens and fresh beets (boiled to soften them up, and then brought down to room temperature for the salad). The dark greens and beets with a homemade dressing consisting of oil, vinegar, and orange juice and perhaps a little bit of an herb or two, and pecans. Or an alternative idea to preparing it is the dark greens, beets, candied pecans, and an unsweetened vinegarette. Buy some yogurt and granola to be dessert for after the salad.

The other idea I have for a vegetarian dish I saw on TV yesterday. A woman made a vegetable curry. She softened white onion in garlic oil and added about six dry spices (from what I remember, there was chili flakes or chili powder, coriander, cumin, and turmeric) and then she added vegetable stock and coconut milk, and then simmered it with fresh cauliflower, fresh broccoli, fresh greens beans, baby corn, fresh snow pea pods, a bit of sugar, dill, and another fresh herb. I think creating my own Indian style vegetable curry and serving it on white rice would be really good.