View Single Post
Old 2010-12-03, 22:56   Link #1314
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Damn this is getting really weird. They're throwing up new plot elements like crazy and I'm barely able to register them all.
that's why this is the set-up for the story in the sequel. though having read some of the short stories in LOLH Anyway, I think they should made this longer and included some LOLH Anyway stories to set-up the stage. When I first read LOLH, there are also tons of things I don't comprehend completley which are explained in the short stories.

oh yeah, they also missed out the talisman on Ferris's sword after she woke up, which she believed was from the Dango God , when it was actually something from Lieral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Ep 22 was WTF seriously ..

- Sion spit "yellow blood"... so he went to a place where he can meet his 2nd personality to make a choice..

- Wth happened in "Ryner's world" , the "thing" kinda reminds me "Angel" in Evangelion ... then Ryner's mom show herself then got eaten... , what's the "Door"...

- What kind of experiment is it ?.. the "guy" had a little cute girl voice...

I kinda feels that it's rushed...
indeed it was rushed. but did you read my post above? the "door", for now, serves to show Ryner some history of this world. unfortunately because of the presentation in the anime, it's insufficient information to put together who the warrior was. but in the novel, you would have been able to make some associations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Spoiler for my take on ep 22:
interestingly, all your questions are good questions and will be mostly answered in the sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
I love episode 22. It had so much emotion in it with Ferris and what appears to be Ryner's mother. The plot really has thicken, although the pace was a little fast.

I love this story. There are parts where I am a little confused, like why his mother was in this conscious, and why did she need to be devoured? It would have been nice if they explained things a little clearer. However, this episode at least made a lot more sense than the last one.
the emotion is nothing compared to the novel. it's not so much as in she needs to be devoured; but rather the beast wants to devour Ryner, but it was stopped and restrained by Artofaal's curse which the mother carried (the stab from Lieral did the implant, a quick surgery lol). so the beast in order to break free and chase after Ryner, needed to eat up the mother. in this novel this didn't happen instantly, she was eaten little by little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
i honestly can't see them ending this with the way everything has been developed in the last few episodes. we'll have to see what they do with the last two episodes because that is usually the breaking point of raping the plot to ensure another adaption won't happen. heck, i'm up for them to continue it in movies like the Break Blade anime adaption is currently being handled.

also larethian, thanks for translating the chapter episode 22 was adapted from. it made so much more sense. i can only guess ryner's father will fill in the blanks on how everthing came to be in the next two or three episodes.
we shall wait and see and pray, though I still would like them to do some short stories, at least in OVA form or something. you're welcome, but just a small correction, what I translated was only a third of the episode.

Last edited by larethian; 2010-12-03 at 23:13.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote