View Single Post
Old 2011-01-03, 00:21   Link #64
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
Excuse me for not reading the whole rest of this topic, but I just must add that I am a HUGE fan of jazz rock/fusion, like Chicago.

Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?

Beginnings
Just You 'n' Me
Goodbye (Live version, because that's all YouTube has.)
Poem For The People (same as above)
Loneliness Is Just A Word (No YouTube video here. =( )

Also Byblos is a very good song of their's.

The band does not get enough attention. Probably because the lead guitarist had to die and then it got taken over by Cetera and turned into the most sappiest pop ballads ever. =(

Blood, Sweat & Tears is also nice, although their consistency in songs is not on the level of Chicago's, unfortunately. Not IMO anyway.

Spinning Wheel
God Bless The Child
You've Made Me So Very Happy
I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know

Steely Dan, which has already been mentioned in this topic also has some good songs.

I especially like Do It Again, but I actually saw that mentioned in this topic already.

My other favorite Classic Rock songs:

I Can't Tell You Why - Eagles (No YouTube video for this one. =( )
So Into You - Atlanta Rhythm Section
Foreplay / Long Time - Boston
How Long? - Ace
Great picks! Dialogue and Another Rainy Day in New York City are two more favourites of mine by Chicago.

Steely Dan has so many great songs: Don't Take Me Alive, Black Friday, Haitian Divorce, Reelin' in the Years, Bodhisattva, etc.

Eagles are the closest thing to country I'll ever enjoy, and I can't say I've ever heard of Ace or the Atlanta Rhythm Section. They're quite good though!

Nice pick on one of Boston's most famous songs - my favourite would have to be Rock and Roll Band. ^^