View Single Post
Old 2012-04-23, 16:30   Link #111
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
The bold line is important. If she were simply saying, as you said:

Then the line is needless and serves no purpose. She could just as easily and simply said:

In context of what mutual love means in this show, and with her saying the line and Mikono's reaction, it seems to be more poignant than you're giving it credit.
Circumstantial; She could simply be justifying the reason for continuing her love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Its not like its something that comes out of nowhere either, Mikono and Amata have piloted the Aquarion quite a bit and diddly has happened, and many posters have made note of this in the past. And I think Mikono realizes it and that, now, Zessica is calling her out on it.
It's not like going berserk was a goal that one should strive for -_- And clearly Zessica isn't proud of what she did so I can't see her using it to essentially rub it in Mikono's face like you said.

Well I won't pretend to know how it actually works, but if I take from episode 5- The 'in Love' in Aquarion is not a constant state that we think it is, but rather a 'level' that is to be achieved. Sort of like a jug that you pour water into. That 'In Love' berserk state is when everything spills everywhere, but it doesn't mean the jug didn't hold water when it doesn't spill.

So all you could say is their love hasn't reached power overwhelming while in Aquarion, but it doesn't mean it wasn't love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
Oh, should notice Minoko's big scared face which even more reinforces this interpretation and the reason why Zessica isn't giving up.
Her big scared face can be explained with just Zessica's sudden declaration of not giving up.

Circumstantial I know, but this whole thing is damn circumstantial...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slivius View Post
Amata seems more obsessed than in love to me. Maybe because Mikono resembles his mother (if she really is his mother...) I think they used to like each other a lot in the first few episodes, but grew apart when Kagura showed up.
You realized that almost everybody recognized Amata's mother as the actress in the movie but hardly anyone pointed that she looks like Mikono?

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-04-23 at 17:15.