Thread: Licensed Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-18, 03:54   Link #976
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
While all the young girls are eyeroll-inducing, I think it's been far less distasteful then it could be. Young girls are a thing in anime, so if Bones can deliver a good story, I can forgive them for having a bunch of those girls in the show. They could have easily increased the young girl effect a thousand-fold, so I consider ourselves lucky.

Episode seven finally got the ball rolling (a little), so I do think there's going to be more to this story than some boy-in-a-harem.

Edit: woops. It's late. It was actually episode six, so if you're still not thinking the story is going anywhere, oh well.
I wasn't saying the story isn't going anywhere. It's certainly moving along and things are happening. Just things I am not very keen on seeing here. A shape shifting supernatural being? I mean sure E7 always had supernatural stuff, but usually those were psychedelic dream world stuff involving the scrub coral. Nothing like this. Creative license is of course theirs, but this doesn't feel like it'll be that interesting to me.

I think what's harming this show to me the most is simply the pilots besides Ao. Fleur is ok as I said, but Elena is a really awful character. Team Goldilocks just seemed very stupid to me as well. I just kinda miss the adult pilots of E7. More colorful and diverse cast there. In a way this is starting to feel a little bit like Last Exile Fam with its females.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote