View Single Post
Old 2010-07-04, 20:28   Link #46
kujoe
from head to heel

Oh man. Marathoning the last few episodes has been a blast. What a journey this series has been. Indeed, it seems even the return of the two brothers with Winry welcoming them was dramatizing this sentiment for us to see.

All in all, I would have to say that this series will become one of my all-time faves from now on. There are a lot of characters I like, and even the villains are likeable and well fleshed out. The deaths of Bradley and Kimblee are right up there in the halls of badassery—two characters who met their ends with a dramatic and memorable flair. And who could forget Hughes?

The Ed and Winry scene at the end is pretty hilarious as well. For all his bravado, Ed is still the dork we all know and love. Winry herself is cute and funny in their moment.

So yes, Bones. I forgive you for the weird developments in the first series, though perhaps most of the credit should go Arakawa-sensei herself for penning such an enjoyable tale.

While the story is finally over, new pathways and possibilities have opened up for the characters. The future is still out there, waiting to be grasped, and I can't help but wonder if Bones would be daring enough to explore it in another story.

Recap or not, it'll be interesting to what else Bones will come up with for the upcoming movie. Here's hoping that will turn out well and good.