View Single Post
Old 2010-07-04, 22:36   Link #51
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
My only complaint would be that Trisha's Lullaby was way out of place for Ed/Al and Winry's reunion. That was supposed to be a light hearted and heart warming scene, and instead it became an overly heavy and dramatic one. And it's sad that all the while all I could think was "Goddamn, Brothers would have fit so damn awesomely here" Curse you first anime, for still having the superior soundtrack in the end!
I think Brothers would be equally heavy-handed, though in a different manner. I do agree that having Brothers play in that scene would've been more awesome though.

In my head, Winry would be having flashes of memory of the three of them as each photo on the board gets focused on while Brothers is playing in the background. To have Brothers playing at that point would require the scene to be a bit longer, but that wouldn't be bad at all. I want to cry manly tears dammit, so give me enough time to do so!

Now that I think about it, the first anime arguably does have the better OST. It has a few that really stand out in particular. It makes me wonder why Bones didn't just recycle a few of the good ones such as Brotherhood.