View Single Post
Old 2011-10-24, 03:09   Link #1687
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
I don't understand why it's farfetched for Ichigo and Rukia to develop a romantic feelings for each other beyond friendship but some expect that Ichigo and Orihime will do the same. I don't understand that logic.
Easy, one can be seen as a platonic relationship, while the other is a dandere. Along the same lines of that platonicness, there's the understanding of such a relationship working while having qualities that can be mistaken for romance. Combine that with Kubo's great trolling powers and you've got two sides to a coin. I think that's infinitely easier to understand if you have experience with such a relationship (a best friend of the opposite sex).

Quote:
Rukia may have lived 3 of Ichigo's lifetimes but she's still basically a teenager.
Rukia is over 200, Ichigo is 17. It's more like 11x+. As far as her maturity goes, it's definitely beyond her looks (and reasonably applicable to her actual age) but her demeanor is still that of a young adult (name calling and the sort). It's a mixed bag.