View Single Post
Old 2012-10-15, 14:13   Link #6
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito Kinomoto View Post
Oh help me if I ever come across a 30 year old brazen enough to act like a mid-teen IRL.

-Snip-

So yeah. Age on a discussion forum. WATS UR THOUGHTS ON ET?1
To my friends and when I'm in a casual environment, there are times I still act like a mid-teen and I'm 29. Sometimes though, and only if the context fits, then again I was weird as a teen so maybe at the age of 29 is when I can act like a "normal teenager" ??

Anyways, I don't think age is that important, but what is the most important and generally coincides with age is experience. It's shocking when you get older and think about your mindset when you were younger and how time and experience has shaped your perspectives. Many people here are exceedingly bright, intelligent and open-minded .. but I would say though that experiences shape a person in a more extensive way compared to just consuming and assimilating knowledge. The flip side of all that also depends on the person, as narrow minded individuals, no matter how old seem to get less out of these experiences than others or learn nothing from them.

tl;dr -- Experience is more important than age. There are some incredibly worldly 20-something year olds out there. They typically come hand in hand, but not always. Close-minded people are always bad.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote