View Single Post
Old 2010-11-23, 10:28   Link #161
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
That isn't the issue. It's not good for an older brother to hate his little sister because he's jealous that she's so much more accomplished that he'll ever be. It's understandable, but not good. At least so this episode is saying.
That's not what I took away from the episode at all. It may be true - no siblings should hate each other, ideally - but I don't think we're to believe he literally hates her any more than that she literally wanted him to throw himself in front of a bus. Rather, I think it's the point that their relationship is fundamentally broken on some level.

My takeaway from the ep is that it was rather sympathetic to Kuroneko's POV. That is, Kirino may be talented and a hard worker but she's also damn lucky and an ungrateful bitch most of the time. And that Kyousuke needs to take a hard look at himself and be honest with his feelings, and that he's not doing Kirino any favors by putting off that day of reckoning. It was about jealousy and also responsibility - Kyou taking responsibility for his life and Kirino for her behavior.