View Single Post
Old 2008-03-03, 21:21   Link #554
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
I'm against multi-culturalism, at least in the sense of destorying one's own culture, which is what's going on in the western half of the world.

Also, Gaijin just means "foreigner." Seems you "lack" multiculturalism for not knowing basic phrases.
So what would Gaijin be in Korean I am guessing that jin is probably means person so, something 인?
Anyhow multiculturalism, well I suppose in Asia it's really hard to find it especially in Japan or Korea, though in the US I suppose it's different story. Though so called multiculturalism in the U.S is quite funny imo, because the thing is that one ethnic group tends to live around each other, such as Korean would live in one area while Chinese would live in other area. Still I like diversity its quite nice, I love how they is a (well use to be like that before I moved) Chinese food, next to it Korean restaurant, and next to it bunch of other ethnic restaurant. Though US it self never really had it's own culture, I always believe that the culture of US was mixture of foreign culture.

Now I have a question, lets say that I go to Japan, would there be some type of discrimination generally (not the best choice of the word, as it is too strong but I can't really think of other word to use) to me being Korean? Which is what my parent told me (though they have nothing against Japan, it's just what they told me) I asked similar question before but after what my parents said I want to know if there is some degrees of discrimination generally.