View Single Post
Old 2011-11-10, 15:38   Link #21
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
from what i understand it it only speculation that it is based on Sakura's ending. there isn't any concrete proof.
Well, I'm not sure what all has been stated officially or not (I will update the main post to indicate that it's speculation), but the evidence is rather strong that there is a connection:
  • We know the timeframe is the same as D.C. II due to recurring characters (like Yuzu, who is human)
  • The protagonist's last name is Yoshino (and there are no other known Yoshinos in the D.C. universe)
  • The protagonist's cousin is also a Yoshino (though she seems to be somehow tied/related to Aisia)

Whether it's based on Sakura's ending or not, they seem to be an extension of Sakura's lineage. We at least know from Nemu's ending aftermath (shown in D.C. II) that she didn't end up with anyone else. It's possible that it may not be based on Sakura's ending as shown in the original D.C., but it seems like it has to be somehow connected.

Now, of interest is what Mahou posted before about Rikka, who looks a lot like Sakura to start with and has the same hair-piece as Sakura, whose favourite food is "Wagashi" (sound familiar?), and talks about Kiyotaka being someone reunited with her after a past life. So there's an obvious connection between Sakura and Rikka (or perhaps, given the timing of the message they received from the past, the connection is actually with Sakura's grandmother).

I can only assume that this story will too be another piece of the on-going puzzle revolving around Sakura and the never-withering sakura tree, that'll probably eventually be concluded in D.C. Zero.

Edit: Okay, if we want to go for wildball theories... it's possible (but incredibly unlikely) that it could be an extension of Yoshiyuki x Aisia if they somehow went back in time, which suffice it to say is a hugely improbable plot development.