View Single Post
Old 2012-03-01, 02:27   Link #759
Sphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I really don't know many, if any, Kanade fans who also like Yuri...they are complete polar opposites and attract completely different people. Pretty certain there's a similar sentiment regarding Kirino and Kuroneko. Calling those split fandoms are a real stretch. K-ON, Clannad, Bake/Nise - those are fandoms where the split would be significant. Angel Beats - no way. Nearly every Kanade fan I know doesn't like Yuri at all - same for the reverse. Kirino and Kuroneko fans are completely different most of the time. Assuming people would have voted for any character from that series is a real stretch...
Eh, while I have no doubt some people love and hate characters within a show, I wouldn't list AB! or Ore Imo as pure examples. If only for the existence of votes for characters like Iwasawa and Aragaki respectively. And good votes at that. When you get further down the chain and you see barely secondary characters doing well, it's likely a show fanbase thing.

A complete opposite would be Taiga or Louise and their shows. Minorin and Ami struggle like they weren't memorable characters, yet Taiga is so far ahead. Of course Taiga and Louise have other things going for them, but show fanbase is kinda low. Eucliwood could be argued that way too.