View Single Post
Old 2009-09-19, 16:29   Link #328
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I agree that the amount of characters in StrikerS was not really the main problem, and could have been workable. Season 1 tossed a fresh cast off 13 characters at us, and A's tossed 10/11 new characters our way with only 13 episodes each. StrikerS threw roughly 30 new characters our way with 26 episodes, which is only slightly over double the characters season 1 gave us, with twice the space to develop them. Out of those 30-something characters, roughly ten of them would not require much screentime as they were mostly background characters that served to either be people explaining tidbits of the past (Megane, Quint) or simply being there to show RF6 is more then just our heroes (Griffith, Mariel).
I can't argue your premise, but I think you're lowballing the cast lists a bit.

MGLN: Nanoha, Yuuno, Fate, Shiro, Momoko, Kyouya, Miyuki, Arisa, Suzuka, Raising Heart, Arf, Bardiche, Noel, Falin, Chrono, Lindy, Precia, Amy (18)

A's: Hayate, Signum, Vita, Shamal, Zafira, Gil, Lotte, Aria, Letti, Dr. Ishida, Reinforce, Laevatein, Graf Eisen (not counting Klarwind since it doesn't get a speaking role) (13)

StrikerS: Subaru, Teana, Erio, Caro, Ginga, Reinforce Zwei, Vice, Griffith, Luceno, Alto, Genya, Mach Caliber, Cross Mirage, Strada (again, not counting the Boost Devices since they don't...I believe...speak), Frederiche, Regius Gaiz, Auris, The Three Great Admirals, The Three Brains, Storm Raider, Jail, Uno, Due, Tre, Quattro, Cinque, Sein, Sette, Otto, Nove, Dieci, Wendi, Deed, Lutecia, Garyuu, Zest, Agito, Laguna, Carim, Verossa, Schach (41...or 43, if each Brain gets to be considered a different person)

And that's just the ones I can remember off the top of my head!